Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's been a very busy week! It was fun, tiring, busy and a bit stressful but we made it through. Now we just need to get back on schedule, which was totally messed up this week! It's very hard being on a 2nd shift schedule, with the rest of the world being on 1st shift it seems!

Christmas Eve we went to my parent's house. Got there at 5:30pm. We were very happy that they invited us in the evening to help with our schedule. We had a fairly normal start to our day which helps a lot. Dawson loves it at Grandma's house and is very comfortable being there. He even smiles sometimes when I say Grandma, which is so cute! It takes him a few minutes to get used to all the people, but then he makes himself at home. We had a yummy homemade Manicotti supper and then watched some tv while we waited for my sister to get home from work. Then we opened presents.

Dan and I got a wood tv stand made by my dad. It's really nice! Sure looks better than the temporary one we had set up! Dan got a DVD and I got a music CD. Dawson got a cute bath toy, it's a boat with cartoon characters in it, you turn the rudders and it goes in the water. Haven't gotten a chance to try that out yet. He also got a Little People set with animals. It came with a DVD with some stories on it, he really likes that. He's already playing with the little animals too. He got a drum with 2 attachable sticks. He's discovered that banging other objects on the drum makes cool noises too! We left around 11pm and watched a movie at home. Dawson stayed up a little later than usual, I think because of all the excitement. He just wouldn't sleep! He went to sleep around 6am.

Christmas Day we went to my Grandma's house. We got up around 9am, so we only got about 3 hours of sleep. Dawson was NOT happy about being woke up! But we had to leave by 10am to get there by 11. We took Dan's car because mine wasn't warming up like it should. I had Dawson's carseat forward facing because that car is smaller and has little room to face him backwards. So Dawson didn't sleep most of the way there. He did finally for maybe 10 minutes, but he just prefers to be facing backwards. Fine by me, the new recommendation is rear facing until 35lbs. It's actually a law some places now! Anyway, we got there at 11, Dawson isn't as familiar with that place, so he clung to me for quite a while. Though after seeing grandma and his aunt Sarah, he felt more comfortable with the other people there.

Dinner was good, lots of good stuff to eat as usual! Snack was yummy too, I totally pigged out! I was scared to step on the scale, but braved it tonight to find I've only gained a pound! Wow! That's less than I have been on a regular week! I'm a bit confused, but I can't complain! Dawson, after his 3 hours of sleep, was really needing a nap that afternoon! He doesn't like sleeping in other places though. So I layed down with him on the bed in the extra room and nursed him a bit. He fell asleep and I was just carefully getting up when someone came in and woke him up. By the 5th time someone came in, he was fully awake and very unhappy! I tried getting him back to sleep, I even left the room to see if he'd fall asleep by himself, but no luck. So he was rather crabby and so was I!

Gift opening is always very hectic there, lots of cousins and relatives all getting and opening their stuff at once. My cousins Laura and Amanda passed them out this year. Dawson got a pair of shoes. I'm very happy he did, he's outgrowing his shoes and being tight on money, I wasn't looking forward to spending another $20 on shoes! I can't believe how fast that boy's feet grow! I got a set of 4 really nice steak knives. The ones I have are falling apart, even though we've used them for less than a year! These should last a lot longer! I also got 2 baking sheets. Dan got a Menards gift card and some cashews. He's looking forward to shopping! Still not sure what he wants to get but I have no doubt he'll find something he needs!

We got home around 6pm, Dawson and I were SO tired! Dan for some reason wasn't. When we don't get enough sleep, he seems to be more sleepy and crabby when first getting up but is ok once he gets going. I'm often fine at first but eventually get really sleepy and crabby as the day goes on! So Dan was fine, but Dawson and I layed on the couch for a nap. I woke up 3 hours later! I couldn't believe we slept that long! Dawson was still asleep! I got up and did a couple things, then tried to wake up Dawson. He did the grunt, flip and fall back asleep thing. It took a full hour to get him to really wake up! I would've let him sleep more but I was worried about his bedtime. I put in a short movie and he layed there and watched it, then got up once it was over. He really likes watching a movie after a long busy day, it helps him unwind.

Friday we stayed home. Dan looked at my car and scraped the ice off the cars. We got freezing rain that morning. Then we did dishes, laundry and relaxed at home. Dawson loves coming with to do laundry, I like it too because it wears him out! It's quite a walk to the laundry room, so I have to wait for Dan to be home to do it since it's too much for me to carry the baskets all the way down there now. It'll be nice when I can get back to being able to do it myself.

Saturday we went to our friend Jenny's house at 6pm. Dawson loves her Siberian Husky and her 2 cats. We're still working on being nice to the animals, as he pulls tails and grabs at their face! Luckily she has very child-tolerant animals! The 4 men and her 2 kids sat and played some car video games while Jenny and I had a nice visit and chased after Dawson. Dan got a combination and pocket knife set, I got a fleece blanket and Dawson got a little wooden wagon filled with ABC blocks. He also discovered some bead necklaces there! Jenny's daughter Abby had won them at a Christmas party but had no interest in them, so after Dawson played with those pretty much the whole time we were there, she sent them home with us! Dawson is loving it! His uncle no longer lets him play with the beads there, so he was very happy to get some of his own.

After opening gifts, the men went back to playing video games and Jenny and I undecorated the house. Apparently the cats had been playing with everything in the tree and she was excited to get rid of it. It was fun undecorating, we got everything done except throwing out the tree. Around 11pm Dawson was tired and crabby so Jenny and I managed to drag the guys away from the video games. Took 2 rounds of what they were playing, but we did get them to stop! We stopped at Walmart on the way home, Dawson is going through so much soy milk, so I'm gonna just start buying 2 at a time now. I think he's up to 3 half gallons a week now!

Now on to the pics! It was fun dressing him up. I went through 3 outfit plans so I'm glad I started a couple days in advance! I had a cute vest and tie, but we ended up with a sweater vest for Christmas Day and a green flannel shirt and jeans for Christmas Eve. Jenny's party was casual and I didn't take any pics. We just put him in a regular outfit that wouldn't collect much dog hair, as her Husky really sheds a lot! Even after vacuuming, there's still stuff in the carpet!

Dawson eating breakfast Christmas Eve morning
After getting home from Grandma's house, he was being silly and wanting to keep his hat on. He kept looking at his reflection in the glass doors, taking his hat off and requesting I put it back on!
Playing with his Little People toys after getting home from Grandma's house

Playing with his drum after getting home
Smiling for the camera! It's often hard to get him to smile when taking pics.
Trying to mess with Great-Grandma's tree! He was being told no by Grandpa!
I really liked his outfit that day, the sweater vest is so cute! I couldn't get a good pic of him facing me standing up, he was on the run all day!
He often tries to climb onto this table and knows he shouldn't be! So he stands next to it until I'm not looking, then climbs up there. Once we're done moving the tv stuff around, we won't need the flap up anymore, so hopefully it won't be as tempting to go up there! He's landed himself in time out a few times because of this. At least that works, he won't do it again for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, it never carries over to the next day!

No comments: