Monday, August 8, 2011

Fun at the Fair

We debated going to the fair or not and we decided to go. Tyler wore his mask and did pretty good with keeping it on. He had so much fun, I haven't seen him this happy in quite a while. Dawson loved the fair as well. He remembered it from last year and was very excited about the rides. Tyler wouldn't go on rides last year. We put him on one and he cried because it wasn't moving right away and he was a bit scared, so they took him off. This year he was much more patient and loved them.


 Tyler's favorite was the merry go round

 Dawson's first time on a ferris wheel! He loved it, talking and pointing at things all the way around. It didn't seem to bother him at all.
 Gabriel was watching the ferris wheel. Apparenly he agrees that Dawson is a bit nuts!
 Having 2 boys walking around the fair was a very fast-paced experience! They didn't walk the whole time, but they did great with listening most of the time and we didn't lose either of them, so I guess I can say it went well! ;)  It really wasn't very crowded.
 I showed Dawson how to put his face in the hole, so he did it long enough for me to get a pic. :)

 Tyler was waving "hi" at everyone as he went around


 They also liked the train
 We had to ride with Tyler on some of the rides, like the train, so we took turns.
 Daddy and Dawson on the ferris wheel.
 I was sitting on the ground nursing Gabriel while they were riding, I thought this was a neat pic.
Unfortunately my camera died after that, but we had lots of fun! I took Dawson on the Scrambler too. I was nervous about how he'd do, but turns out he did better than me! He jumped up and was grinning when it was over and I was a bit dizzy! This was actually 2 days worth of pics. We went Saturday evening and I was talking with a friend online that night who said that rides were 1/2 price the next day! Dawson woke up and requested we go on rides. We hadn't gotten time for some of the things we wanted to do, so we decided to go back. We got some food, bought some more tickets. While in line for food, a lady came up to me and asked if I have kids doing rides and gave me 10 tickets because she was leaving! We went for a 2 mile walk at the end of the day, so we were all pretty tired at the end of the day! Dawson woke up asking for rides again, but I told him that they are all gone and thankfully he was ok with that answer! I'm so glad we happened to come home the same weekend the fair was going. Such great timing!

No comments: