Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Camera!

I got a call from Best Buy this morning. They got notice that the cost of fixing my camera would be more than just giving me a new one. I was just walking out the door anyway, so I went there first. They said they'd give me the most comparable camera. I told them I wanted to stick with Canon and they said there's actually one almost identical to the one I had, it's just the upgraded model!

So I went from 12.1 to 14.1 megapixels. 20x zoom to 35x zoom. The body is a tiny bit bigger, it barely fits in my camera case. Otherwise it's pretty similar. All the same features and a few new ones. This one has a setting where it will identify a smile. So I can hold it facing me and as soon as I smile, it'll automatically take the picture! Who thinks up this stuff?! It's a pretty neat feature though. Here's a pic of it....
I had a really long day. After Best Buy I went to the hospital. My 2 week parking pass ran out, so I had to go get a new one. I dropped Dawson off at Sibling Play, talked to the financial office and gave them our new insurance number and went up to see Tyler. I only had 45 minutes before I had to go get Dawson and bring him to speech, so I nurse Tyler and Gabriel together. I got a volunteer to play with Tyler more while I took Gabriel and got Dawson. I told him we're going to speech and he ran out of the room in a flash. By the time I got my stroller out the door and around the corner, he was gone. I went across the lobby, across the skyway and into the speech room, where Dawson was sitting there playing at the table with the other kids in the waiting room. He casually looked up at me, to acknowledge I had finally arrived, huffing and puffing! I wish I had half his energy! He'd been staying close to me all day too. The other moms looked amused. The speech lady was working with him on sticking by her. She said he did great on the way to the room, but on the way out he took off on her. Otherwise he did great. She's using picture schedules, and when he's done with an activity, he gets to take it off the board and look to see what's next. He really did well with that.

The rest of the day seemed to drag on. All 3 wanted my lap for most of the day. I was lacking in energy and motivation today. I had a lot of volunteers helping, which was a relief. I haven't been sleeping as well lately. Gabriel is teething and he's been fussier lately. Dawson has been fighting sleep until past midnight still. He just got quiet and it's almost 12:30! The other night it was just past 1am!

I faxed those papers in to the Autism Center last night and emailed her this morning to see if she got them. She did, and we set up a time to come in and get an eval and intake stuff all finished up. We go in August 5th. I'm really hoping he'll start soon after that, so I'll have one less person to deal with through all of Tyler's testing and stuff before transplant. I did notice something new when I was looking over his paperwork from the Psychologist. Not only was he diagnosed Autism Spectrum, but a secondary diagnosis of Attention Deficit was on there also! I was thinking they had to wait until the rambunctious toddler years had passed to put that on there. I also found out that the Autism Center does in-home therapy and they can come to us once we're home! I didn't think there was any way they'd go that far, it's 90 minutes away! I'm glad that they can do that though, because it's supposed to be a long term program, lasting 2-3 years. I'm not really sure how that will work with regular school, I guess we'll figure that out once we get there.

No comments: