Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dr. Update and Silly Children

I went to the Dr. on Thursday. He pushed and poked and didn't find that I was sore to the touch anywhere. He said it could be a muscle but ordered an ultrasound done anyway. So he showed me some stretches to do to loosen up the muscle and see if it helps. The receptionist told me to head right over to the other clinic and to drink 32 ounces of water before the ultrasound. Well I'd just gone to the bathroom so I drank a bunch at the drinking fountain and hoped for the best.

Got there and waited for at least 15 minutes. I'd been gone 90 minutes and I was hoping the kids hadn't woken up yet! Dan was home but they don't do well without Mommy in the morning. I got in there and it was really weird being in there for something other than pregnancy! I about had to remind myself that there's nothing to get excited about. Turns out I didn't have enough in my bladder, but no surprise there. So she had me empty what was in there and come back for an internal ultrasound. That was no fun. It's like a long stick with a camera built in. She kept moving it back and forth and feeling my insides moving around was making me nauseous! I did get out of there without puking so I was relieved. She said I'd hear from my nurse in 2-3 days.

The nurse called me this morning and told me that everything looked normal, so it's probably a muscle. So I guess I'll just keep stretching and hope for the best.

Dan is gone this weekend again. He left late Friday evening and is coming home Saturday evening. He has someone coming to look at his truck. Hopefully he'll get it sold. He's also helping his sister install an air conditioner and is picking up something for me that I found on Craigslist. More on that after he gets home I hope!

Dawson likes to do the things Tyler does. Like sitting in the Bumbo. He's also climbed into the exersaucer, likes being in his crib, chewing on pacifiers, playing with the baby toys.
Getting out of the baby stuff is usually the biggest issue!
Tyler has been a lot more vocal lately. He coos and plays with his voice. He even giggles some, it's really cute. He loves being in his exersaucer. He's learning how to turn around in it and he loves being up and able to see everything that's going on.
Also, Tyler is the best sleeper ever! I really couldn't ask for a better sleeper. I feed him, put him on his tummy in his crib, cover him up, turn on his crib music and lights toy and he lays there until he falls asleep. I almost always put him to bed while he's still awake and I rarely ever hear a peep out of him! Even last night, I changed him and he was crying a lot. I decided to try to put him to bed anyway and he quieted right down and fell asleep. He sleeps 8-10 hours too! Dawson wakes up before he does, but then Dawson goes to bed before Tyler also, so they both get about 8-10 hours of sleep. I think it's well deserved after fighting with Dawson for 18 months to do the that! Hopefully it will continue.

No comments: