Thursday, June 11, 2009

Family Update

Dan has been working on his truck. He had someone stop by his parent's house and ask to buy it, so he went down and worked on it last weekend. He's going back this weekend too. He has a lot to do and not enough time to do it all!

I went to the dentist on Tuesday for some fillings. Not fun, but at least it's over. I go in on the 25th to have my wisdom teeth removed. They are putting me under for that, so I won't be able to nurse Tyler for 24 hours. My mom and sister are coming to help with the kids since they said I'll need someone with me for 7 hours afterward. Not looking forward to that!
I've also had pain in my lower abdominal area. I thought it was from too much exercise, but it's getting worse now. I called the nurse the other day and she said to make an appointment to come in. I go in Thursday at 9:50am. I've been pretty much just sitting around the last few days, it gets bothered when I'm up and around too much. It also hurts when I'm sitting, so there's really no pattern to it. I hope they figure it out and it ends up to be nothing major.

Dawson is loving the nicer weather and playing outside. He's allergic to bug bites, so we give him Benadryl when he gets hives. I hate to keep him locked up in the house, he really enjoys being outside. He's getting big into playing with cars now. He drives them all over the floor, couch, people, anywhere he can think of. His latest is driving them across my keyboard, which drives me nuts when I'm trying to type! I weighed him last week and he was 31 pounds! He definitely went through a growth spurt in the last few weeks. Here's him eating an apple. He's becoming quite independent. Doesn't want anything cut up for him!Tyler is doing good. He's up to 19 pounds now! He's been finding his voice the last couple days. Cooing and making cute noises. He's not much for cuddling, he'd much rather be in his exersaucer or jumperoo where he can observe and be upright. He doesn't like tummy time or being on the floor at all. He's not able to see as much so he gets mad. Dawson does really good with walking around him when he's on the floor though. He's been sleeping great! I can change his diaper and put him to bed awake and he'll fall asleep. He falls asleep on his tummy with his musical crib toy on. He sleeps for about 8-10 hours. Sometimes he'll sleep for 8 hours, nurse and sleep for a couple more hours. It's been really nice!

Tyler asleep in the Bjorn after we were outside. He's getting a bit heavy to carry in there!
Tyler in his Jumperoo.
It's been really cold this past week, especially in the mornings. The apartment shut off the boilers and won't turn them back on, so I turned on the shower and that got the place warm. Dawson had fun drawing on the patio window!
Tyler in our bed. He was sleeping between us, staying warm.
The boys in the stroller. It was Tyler's first time sitting in the actual stroller rather than in his carseat on the stroller. Dawson was having a hard time being patient though, he just wanted to go play!

No comments: