Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tyler's Cast & Gabriel's 2 week Checkup

Tyler's cast appointment went well. My sister came and helped out with Dawson so I could focus on Tyler. I wasn't sure how he'd do since it's a new thing. He did great though, sat perfectly still! The Dr was pretty rude, he wanted me to move my "house" aka stroller out of the room. I told him I'd have to take the baby out first and he hadn't realized I had a baby in there, so he told me in a huff to just keep it in the room then. He went on and on about how he's never seen such an "SUV of a stroller". I was amused. It is a big double stroller though, it has a lot of storage space, which I really wanted because of all our appointments and hospital trips. We use every inch of space in that thing! Having the infant carrier on the stroller really makes it look big though. His cast is orange, the color for Leukemia awareness. I think it looks really cute!

Gabriel's 2 week checkup went well. He weighed 9 pounds 9 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. So he's gained almost a pound and 1.5 inches in 2 weeks. The Dr was impressed with his head control and says everything looks good. His next appointment is for his 2 month checkup on May 26th.

He wasn't happy because he wanted off the bed

Once we got home, Tyler fell asleep on the couch and Gabriel was already sleeping in his carseat so I moved him to the couch by Tyler.
Dawson had to get in the pic too. He thought it was cute that they were sleeping together. He pet each of their heads and said "aww, Tywer" and "aww, Baby!"
Proud big brother
I thought I'd lay him there for a cute pic. Dawson wasn't sure of it at first, but then decided it was a good idea and he smiled just long enough for the pic. :)
Someone in my Mom's Club gave me an umbrella stroller. Since I'm still healing from the birth, I can't carry Tyler around without being very sore. This really helps when I need to bring him to his room, the table, etc. He likes it and has always cooperated when I bring his stroller over. He loves chasing his brother in the stroller. Dan will wheel him up and down the hallway so they can still do their chasing thing in the evenings. It's fun seeing him so excited.
Dawson got this idea right away. The stroller is short enough for Dawson to comfortably push it. Which is why I really don't like umbrella strollers, I'm too tall for it! It's small size is useful for going around the apartment though. Tyler loved being pushed by Dawson. I don't let him push the stroller much though, I didn't want Dawson running his leg into anything! So Dawson pushes the stroller around while it's empty.
Tyler also has a walking shoe, so the cast doesn't get worn down on the bottom and so he has some grip. It's a really cute little shoe!

No comments: