Monday, March 21, 2011

Am I done yet?

Anxiously waiting for Baby here. This has been such a different experience. The boys never dropped before labor, so I've never had to go weeks with a dropped baby. My groin muscles are so sore that sometimes I can barely walk. Even feeling my best it still hurts to walk, my back always hurts and I'm just sore in general. I had so many contractions on Saturday, I thought for sure he was going to come! Yet I'm still pregnant and miserable. Doesn't help that I really can't keep up with the boys these days. Tyler runs so fast, if he gets away it really hurts to run after him! Thankfully Dawson has been doing much better about going where we need to go. Even though he tends to stay a ways ahead of us. I hate to complain, but I'm just miserable pretty much all day long. I have an OB appointment in the morning, so I'm hoping I've made some more progress since last week. I'm also hoping she'll give me an induction date to fall back on incase he decides to be stubborn.

I finally got a call back from the apartment we applied for. They just need to hear back from 1 more person and then we'll be approved. She hopes to know by tomorrow so we can sign the lease and have it official! I'm excited to get things settled. Just seems like we have so much going on and so many things to get done. I'm trying not to think about it all and stress over it. It'll be nice to have some things out of the way and since the weather has been nicer, Dan has been able to get some things done! He got my seatbelts replaced over the weekend, there was 2 that were ripped and we needed one of those for when Baby gets here. Still have a lot to do on the vehicles, so hopefully we'll have some more nice weather next weekend! It's currently snowing again! Seriously, this stuff needs to be gone for the year already!

Tyler had a bit of a bloody nose this evening. Hard to tell why, his platelets are fine and the weather isn't too bad. I'm wondering if he didn't just scratch it and then keep itching. He's never even had a bloody nose when his platelets were dangerously low, and they're usually common then. He's been back on chemo since Friday. Tonight he got the stronger stuff and keeps waking up for a drink. Thankfully he goes right back to sleep after getting a drink. It's 5am and he's been up 7 times now and seems to be pretty awake this time. Go figure. I do often change the time when I post, so it'll appear on the day I'm writing it for. I hope that's not too confusing!

Dawson has been better about bedtime lately. I just started leaving the door open with a gate in the door instead of closing the door and he stays in his bed. Who knew it'd be something so simple! Tyler does wander around a bit, he likes rocking in the glider rocker that's in there a bit and then he climbs into bed. He's also been a little better in stores. Today he did wander out of the aisle, but didn't throw a huge fit when I buckled him into the cart. When he knocked things off the shelf by walking too close, he picked it up and put it back when I asked him to. He's also been eating better again. Giving him the Miralax laxative really makes a big difference. If I back off with it, he really gets backed up again.

For some diagnosis news, we do have that appointment with the Psychiatrist on April 19th, but for now the Psychologist did give him a diagnosis to start with. PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified) is like the entry level Autism Spectrum diagnosis. Since the process can be long, she wanted to get something on his charts so he can start recieving more services. They give people the PDD-NOS diagnosis when there's definitely signs of being on the Spectrum, but they might not have all the symptoms, or they might be too complex to pin down where they are exactly. They are going to continue on to evaluate and test for the full Autism diagnosis. I really wouldn't be surprised if they just stick with the PDD diagnosis though. Going over the full Autism checklist, I really don't think it totally fits him.

No comments: