Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dawson's Allergist Appointment!

It was a good and bad appt. I hate seeing my little boy get tortured. It really is torture too! They took these round sticks that had a bunch of tiny needles in the end and poked his back in 8 places, making little holes. Then they took each of the allergens and put the liquid on the spots so it soaked into the little holes. Dawson was so scared and upset, he was crying and I had to keep him from itching so they didn't mix.

So we spent 15 minutes pacing the floor and talking to him, he finally settled down for the last few, but freaked out again when the Dr came back in to check him. I wish I would've asked which were for what, a couple were puffing up pretty bad and others did nothing and I was dying to know!

The Dr took notes, wiped it all off him and put anti itch cream stuff on him. He settled down then. He was tested for dairy, beef, eggs, nuts, wheat and some other common ones. Dawson's big issues that we knew about were the dairy, beef, eggs and nuts. Turns out he's still allergic to eggs and nuts. The rest were ok! Yay! I'm very excited about the dairy and beef, it's so hard not to give him those! So we have so many new foods to try now! I'm gonna take it slow though, and let his body get used to them. I think tomorrow we're doing mac n cheese. :)

He'll get retested when he's about 6 years old. He said the eggs and nuts often stay around to adulthood, but if they'll go away, they usually do around age 6 or 7.

No comments: