Wednesday, January 28, 2009

36 Weeks! Almost ready to go!

Today I got out the suitcases and my duffel bag and started packing. Dawson has so much big stuff, it's hard to decide what bags to use. But I filled up a small suitcase with clothes and diapers and started filling up the big one with the misc stuff. So I packed everything I can that we're not using. Shouldn't take long at all to do the rest once the big day comes. I have a list on my fridge of everything, so that makes it so much easier. I still haven't picked out a going home outfit though! I really wanted to use the one Dawson came home in, but it's just too thin for February! So I'm debating on an actual outfit, or a sleeper. Guess I'll have to go play with the baby clothes some more and decide!

I'm glad I was forced to use different noodles yesterday. Dawson and I shared the leftover "spaghetti" and he loved that he could eat it by himself. So I think I'll use bowties more often now, they are the perfect size for him. Wish I had my camera though, he had sauce up to his ears and in his hair and everything. Good thing he needed a bath anyway!

This weekend we switched Dawson back to his highchair. He was rocking the booster so much, he was very close to tipping the whole chair over! Turned out to be a good thing though, I adjusted the highchair to sit as low as it goes, and once I open up the tray, he can just hop down by himself. It's so much easier on me! Today I got him to climb up there by himself and he got it in the first try! Hopefully he'll continue that, it's getting hard to lift him all the time. I don't know what I did, but I twisted my knee or something this weekend, it really hurt! Getting better now, but it's still a bit sore.

Bath time is so much more fun now. He still doesn't like the water over his head, but he actually tried climbing in this time! A big improvement from him screaming and running away at the sound of the water running in the tub!

Had a good visit with Jenny this morning. She's coming over on Feb 3rd also, and she's gonna bring the bassinet then. Once that's set up, I'll have everything done for baby.

No comments: