Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back to Normal

Today went well, Tyler woke up happy and didn't seem sore at all so I was relieved about that. We're getting back into our normal routine again. The Occupational Therapist came and worked with the boys. Dawson had a hard time concentrating, I think having a weird couple of days threw him off. Hopefully he'll get back into routine quickly. He goes to school tomorrow and OT is coming again also. I kept Dawson home all last week so he didn't bring home any illness or anything, so it'll be nice to get back to our normal schedule.

I got a call from Neurology at Children's and made an appointment for Dawson on Feb 7th. My mom is going to take Tyler while we go. That will be good practice for when I have this baby too, Tyler hasn't been away from me very much.

I had a good day, I picked up all the toys and Dan vacuumed for me. Thankfully the boys went easy and didn't dump them all out again. I really need to go through and get rid of the toys they don't play with. There's so much that just gets dumped out and never played with. Of course a lot of it is baby toys so I can't get rid of those yet, but I at least want to get them put away until they're needed.

I went skating tonight and even got some errands ran. Those things go so much faster without the kids! Skating went well, I was pretty tired still from my long day yesterday but it was fun talking to friends and getting out of the house. When I got home Tyler decided to slide over the back of the couch to get to me. He was slow and careful about it but the short drop to the ground hurt his hips. He looked surprised and cried, so we cuddled and he nursed a while and fell asleep. Dawson fell asleep on the couch too, so it was nice not having to deal with bedtime, I just put them in their beds and they stayed asleep. :)

I usually try to put pics in all my blog posts, but lately we just haven't been doing as much since it's winter and we're cooped up inside, so I don't seem to get the camera out as much. Here's some pics from the last couple weeks.

Tyler was having a crazy hair day. His hair is so light and wispy, but if you look close you can see it sticking up.
 Tyler's newest food are bananas. He refused the last time I tried but now he suddenly loves them. We had just gotten home from his biopsy and he decided he wanted a snack before bed.
 He's always in such a good mood after procedures, I would be whiney and on the couch if someone drilled into my hip!
 After seeing Tyler do it on the webcam sunday night, Dawson had to put toys on their little table and knock them off himself. They were getting pretty goofy and giggly. :)

No comments: